The world is filled with mysteries that haunt us.
Mysteries lie the Bermuda Triangle, Area 51, and why some people are left-handed?
It’s weird that we don’t all use the same hand to do things, but then again we all do stuff differently, so why should our hands be any different?
Scientists are still yet to discover the reason behind this, but they’re kind of busy trying to find the cure to cancer and other major diseases, so I think we’ll let it slide this time.
But I bet you didn’t know that there are a few odd facts about people who use their left hand.
Here are 24 incredible facts about left handed people that you probably didn’t know!
1. The word “left” is based on the Anglo-Saxon word “lyft” which means broken or weak.
2. Left handed people typically use the right side of their brain.
3. 5 to 10 percent of the world population is left-handed.
4. They’re typically good at sports, like swimming, boxing, tennis, etc.
5. They can adjust to see underwater easier than right-handers.
6. Over 40 percent of the top world tennis players are left-handed.
7. They typically reach puberty later than right handed people.
8. According to statistics, left-handed college graduates are expected to become 26 percent richer than right- handed graduates.
9. They’re 3% more likely to become alcoholics.
10. 1/7 in the United States are left-handed.
11. In animals like cats, mice, and even rights, the percentage of left and right pawedness is equally split.
12. The longest words which can be typed with just the left hand with conventional hand positioning are: sweater, dresses, and tesserae decades.
13. 1/4 Apollo astronauts were left handed.
14. One study showed that left handers processed emotions differently.
15. Studies show that lefties are more talented in math, architecture, and spatial awareness.
16. August 13th is the Left-Handers Day.
17. While being left handed was associated with criminality at one point, it was also considered to be a mark of creativity and musical skills.
18. They have an increased risk of insomnia.
19. There are more than 30 million left-handed people in America.
20. Pregnant women over 40 are 128% more likely to give birth to a left-handed child compared to women in their 20s.
21. Some of the most vicious killers in history were left-handed. Killers like Jack the Ripper, The Boston Strangles, and Osama Bin Laden.
22. Left handed people are more likely to learn to use the other hand than people whose dominant hand is their right hand.
23. Left-handed people are more susceptible to allergies and asthma.
24. Queen Elizabeth II, the Queen Mother, Prince Charles, and Prince William are left handed.
Feel free to SHARE these incredible facts about left-handed people!